Labels

Monday 17 August 2015

What's your MIM?




In my very first post this year, I was inspired to write about "goal setting".  One of the tips that I shared in that blog post was how important prioritizing is when one truly wants to accomplish things and achieve their goals.  I talked about juggling balls, and that how one step in leading an accomplished life was choosing which ball needs your attention and when. Sounds simple right? You can be a juggler, no problem!

Fast forward to this week. I am participating in the #TwoWeekTweak with Adrienne Dorison, entrepreneurial business coach and author of the podcast The School of Self-Mastery. Now like all great things, I stumbled upon this challenge by accident, yet it is proving to be extremely beneficial and actually quite fun. Adrienne is teaching people, many who are entrepreneurs, key strategies to make you more successful in both your personal and professional life.  Now I feel it is important to mention that just because I blog about goal setting I do not feel I am an expert.  I still have many moments and even days, that despite my growth mindset and my ability to achieve most of what I aspire to, I struggle with feel "accomplished".  So Adrienne's offer to run the #TwoWeekTweak could not have come at a better time for me.

Interestingly, one of the things that Adrienne taught us this week was all about MIM's. MIM's are the most important missions of the day or week.  The further you break them down, the more likely you are to achieve results. Adrienne taught us that identifying your MIM's for each day is an important step to accomplishing your goals.  Goals need action steps and action steps require just that, ACTION!  Choosing your MIM does not have to be difficult, but forces you to focus on the steps that will get you to your goal and increase your personal accountability.

I thought about MIM's and soon realized that my MIM's were the "balls" that I had highlighted in my former blog post.  So fortunately for me I was not going to be employing a new strategy, but was being reminded of what I already knew and was probably already doing.  Yeah me!  So I am going to continue to identify my balls, but will now call them MIMs.  I love it! The only thing I am going to do is declare them in a more conscious way to keep that action flowing.

 I tweeted my MIM this morning. I figure that public declaration is another step to accountability.



So what is your MIM (Most Important Mission) today?  You can have more than one but try not to overdo it.  What are your top 3?What is a must do to help you accomplish your many tasks and reach your goals?  For more information on the #TwoWeekTweak visit Adrienne's website. We are 6 days into the challenge but the benefits of joining are still waiting for you.  Get tweaking and really focus on living a life of accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment